Friday, March 11, 2011

Yummi

This afternoon, as I rejoiced in the freedom that is Spring Break, my hunger pangs steadily grew so I went to this cute little restaurant that just opened by my house, Yummi: Asian Fusion Tacos (I know what you're thinking, and yes, I was mightily confused/intrigued too). It turns out that their food, while really tasty, was not totally true to the title, in that they pretty much only had one taco dish and everything else was Asian. However, I suppose their proper name is up to speculation, it all depends on how you read their banner (a picture of which I posted below). Personally, I went for mostly Asian food, getting chicken spring rolls, sharing shrimp rolls and spicy french fries with my mom, a Banh Mi sandwich with Bugogi beef (I think I spelled that correctly), green tea flavored Mochi ice cream, and this really nifty Ramune soda drink. The soda was truly a lot of fun, particularly the opening process. The cap is really just a glass marble stuck at the top of the bottle that you have to push into the bottle in order to open it (check out the cool pictures I took below). The chicken spring rolls and shrimp rolls were both really nice starts to the meal. The shrimp roll was neat, not to mention delicious despite my dislike of shrimp, because I had never eaten anything like it before, it was one piece of shrimp and a bit of green onion rolled in a mini crepe and fried (which makes everything better). The french fires were quite tasty, but they were so spicy that I was unable to continue eating them once I finished my soda. The sandwich was also really Yummi (hahaha), with moist meat inside a nicely complemented piece of french bread (the short kind). The coolest thing of the evening was the Mochi ice cream. It was pretty much a ball of ice cream (green tea flavored, but they also had mango and strawberry) covered in a sort of desserty goo, an awesome goo that was sticky when you ate it but wouldn't adhere to your hands, and powdered sugar (Look below for the pictures I took of it, I lost self control and started eating before I remembered to document it, sorry. The orange one is the mango flavored one). Overall, it was a great, food-filled kick off to Spring Break at Yummi.
-Cheesecake (Chaaru)
Note: All pictures were taken by the author.

3 comments:

  1. I've had the same soda. I've found the flavors to be, at times, rather obnoxious, but the bottle is so cool....-AS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog Post. I really want to eat here now. The pictures really added to the quality of the blog post. The only thing I can add, is possibly changing the color of the font, to black instead of white.

    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those drinks! I had a melon one once. Pretty awesome.

    Anyway. Your "Yummi" comment was clever :D. The whole post was really interesting, which is awesome because it seems like a lot of reviews I read of restaurants are pretty yawn worthy.

    :Deborah

    ReplyDelete